Tithing Challenge3 month commitment to tithe
God wants to bless His people. John 10:10 says, "The thief's purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." While the blessings of God are many and varied, it certainly involves financial blessing. We are saddened by the fact that many of God's people live far below how God wants to bless and prosper them.
Many of us here at The Vineyard Church have found the key to God's blessing begins with our generous financial response. In fact, we are totally committed to being a tithing church family. Those of us who have tithed for years believe it is the single most important thing we do in regard to our finances and represents a life that is surrendered to God.
To that end, we've put together what we call the "Tithing Challenge." The information below describes who can participate and the expectations of both you and the church.
We welcome anyone who fits into this group of people to try our challenge. We are confident God will bless you and prosper you beyond what you can ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20). May God bless you as you step out in this new adventure.
The word "tithe" is derived from the Hebrew word that literally means a tenth. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house." The 'storehouse' is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church.
So as followers of Jesus, we worship the Lord with the tithe, or the ten percent.
Giving back 10% of your income can be a big and often frightening commitment! That's why we created the Three-Month Tithing Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it's a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11.
We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn't hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked.
God doesn't need our money because He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first and God wants us to trust Him. He tells us in Proverbs 3:9-10 to "honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops and then your barns will be filled with overflowing." We give first and the blessings of God follow.
Terms of Tithing Challenge
- I understand that this form must be completed and received by The Vineyard Church Finance Team prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Challenge Period. I understand that my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
- I understand my tithe must be paid by check, online, or (if in cash) in an envelope with my identity clearly marked so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I understand that I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithing Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithing Challenge Period.
- I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge.
- I agree that for the three-month period I state below, my household will contribute to God, through The Vineyard Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
Contact Urbana Office
1500 N Lincoln Ave
Urbana, Illinois 61801